The first Pill is dedicated to what is called “MoSCow” – it is not referred to the Moscow mule – a cocktail that people in Italy love – but it refers to to an approach that should be always adopted in project management (and life):
- Must: something that is mandatory, fundamental
- Should: valuable but not fundamental
- Could: nice to have, but not necessary
- Won’t: already excluded
It seems a pretty easy and clear concept but most of the times this schema is not taken in consideration when approaching a project: defining what is a Must, Should, Could or Won’t will create a more efficient project management. Using the MSCW will help to better organize the activities and clarify everything with the stakeholders.
PS: Remember to:
- Subscribe to my blog if you like it
- Comment with your thoughts and opinions
- Add me to your LinkedIn network here.